bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to Mention the Use of Pseudonym when Cold Pitching I'm looking to gain experience writing for blogs. To do this, I plan on cold pitching a list of bloggers with guest post ideas. Only, - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm looking to gain experience writing for blogs. To do this, I plan on cold pitching a list of bloggers with guest post ideas. Only, I'd like to publish the posts under a pen name. I don't want the pitches to get rejected because of that slightly unusual requirement, either.
I have no experience writing under that name and very little experience otherwise.
When should that I mention that I'd like to use a pseudonym? The second email, once they'd responded to my pitch? Or at a different time?
When, where and how would you recommend I bring it up?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Vandalay250

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

It really is not that uncommon in an online world to use a pseudonym. You're doing it right now, in fact.

If you feel it is important to get settled early, though; still don't mention in the initial cold pitch. It is presumptuous, and it really does not relate to the content you are pitching, hence distracting from it.

Normally, you'd enter some sort of contract--or at least a work (for hire) agreement--and in the negotiation of that is when things like pseudonyms should first come up. If you don't expect to be compensated at all, it is also not entirely unreasonable to not treat it as a 'pseudonym' at all in your interactions, and to just sign your emails with it.

Load Full (0)