bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I’m having a hard time deciding whether this is a redemption arc So I have a character in a dystopian novel I’m working on by the name of Tyler. He’s inspired by Alex Høgh Andersen’s - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I would not call it a redemption arc, I could see this as simple revenge for somebody taking some piece of property he was enjoying.

In a redemption, the character realizes they have been wrong and becomes a better person. This sounds more like a character that promised consequences, delivered them, but made a mistake in doing so and suffered the consequences of that mistake.

Straight up gangster stuff out of the Godfather, very similar to the death of Sonny Corleone taking vengeance on behalf of his sister. (Sonny is the hotheaded brother of Michael Corleone, the MC).

But Sonny wasn't "redeemed". He doesn't harm women and children, but he is still a brutally sadistic killer and proud of it. He's never on the road to being a good guy, or moral, or anything more than a criminal. He just let his temper get away from him, and made a mistake that cost him his life.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best