bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Does my protagonist need to be the most important character? In my fantasy story that I'm slowly getting into, my MC Sirena is an apprentice witch. Her two fellow apprentices, Aster and Keeva, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The protagonist is the person whose story you tell.

The protagonist can be a witness to important events that he doesn't have a hand in, or she can be the sidekick to a hero, but

the story must focus on how the protagonist experiences these events.

The protagonist might not be the most important person from the perspective of a historian evaluating an event, but the protagonist must be the most important person in your book.

Usually, when the protagonist is not the hero, the protagonist serves to show the reader how the population in general lives during historically important times. Examples are the lives of a woman during the Oregon Trail or Anne Frank, a jewish girl during the Nazi regime. The "heros" of those times are the politicians, military leaders, and others who shaped those events, while the protagonists – the woman on the treck and the jewish girl – are examples for the lives of the common people.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Yeniel532

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best