bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is writing about your childhood in creative writing/fiction class necessary? I have the same teacher for both a Journaling autobiographical class and a fictional writing class. While I expected - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It seems like a decent way to be introduced to creative writing. You already know the plot and the main character's personality and motivations. To me, it seems like your teacher is trying to ease your burden in regards to the big decisions in writing, so you can focus on improving the little stuff; sentence structure, vocabulary, things like that.

Imagine writing a brand new story, as opposed to your childhood. Not only do you have to make each sentence sound good, but you also have to decide everything else; who the characters are, what they want, why, and how they'll try to get it.

If your childhood was traumatic, you could ask your teacher in private if you could write about something else. Or you could simply not tell those parts, surely you don't have to write absolutely everything that ever happened to you.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best