logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : How to cite an interview in APA with multiple interviewees? I need to cite an interview with multiple interviewees in APA format, but the APA website only has an example with a single interviewee.

Gonzalez219 @Gonzalez219

Posted in: #Apa #Citations

I need to cite an interview with multiple interviewees in APA format, but the APA website only has an example with a single interviewee.

I can't find any other resources online; does anyone have any advice?

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Kaufman555

Kaufman555 @Kaufman555

Simply take the interview citation you referred to and replace the single author with the accepted method of citing multiple authors.

From page 175, 6.12 One Work by Multiple Authors (from my physical copy):

When a work has two authors, cite both names every time the reference occurs in text. When a work has three, four, or five authors, cite all authors the first time, the reference occurs; in subsequent citations, include only the surname of the first author followed by et al. (not italicized and with a period after al) and the year if it is the first citation of the reference within a paragraph. …
When a work has six or more authors, cite only the surname of the first author followed by et al. (not italicized and with a period after al) and the year for the first and subsequent citations.

Taking the single-name example referenced in the question, here are some examples of multiple names.
Two authors:

(J. Smith and B. Jones, personal communication, August 15, 2009)
J. Smith and B. Jones (personal communication, August 15, 2009)

Four authors, first citation:

(J. Smith, B. Jones, C. Walker, and K. Hall, personal communication, August 15, 2009)
J. Smith, B. Jones, C. Walker, and K. Hall (personal communication, August 15, 2009)

Six authors:

(Smith et al., personal communication, August 15, 2009)
Smith et al. (personal communication, August 15, 2009)

In short, just combine the two different rules.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme