bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What methods can I use to improve my English writing skills? everyone! I'm just an English learner now, but I intend to use English in my career. I suppose everyone knows requirements to pass - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

everyone!

I'm just an English learner now, but I intend to use English in my career. I suppose everyone knows requirements to pass one of common English tests. Also I wish I became a student of a European university where it's often necessary to have great language skills. Since that time I decided to improve my English because of some reasons I've written above I read a lot and I do grammar exercises, but now I feel like I need writing and speaking practices.

I know lots of words so it's not difficult to understand the main information from a book or article. Unfortunately, most of these words I know I can't use. When I write something, I won't remember these words.

I hope I'll find some ways to improve my writing skills which users of the forum could advise.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Michele605

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I heard once that a person has to come across a word seven times before they feel confident enough to use it for themselves.

I would recommend the following ways to practice English in order to expand your vocabulary:

Read for pleasure

Whatever books you like to read normally, read those in English, whether it's Harry Potter or the Handmaid's Tale.

Listen to Podcasts

Find podcasts in English on topics you find interesting and listen to them on a regular basis. If you're not sure what to start with, I'd recommend Radiolab and This American Life.

Read with intent

As well as reading for pleasure, sometimes read with intent, and look up any word you come across that you're not fully confident about the meaning of.

Load Full (0)