bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: The psychology of starting a piece of writing I have a problem when it comes to writing (blog posts, stories and novels). It might just be me, but maybe other people have experienced it too? - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

While I understand what you feel, I think that you are paralyzed by some things :

1) Maybe you can't figure how to put everthing in a logical way or even organize all the ideas

2) You overthink the writing

Respectively you could :

1) write all your ideas as soon as you get them in one online document (Evernote, Dropbox, Word or Google Docs on your mobile...) in order to never loose any of them
Put all of them in one document and divide them in chapters
And then you just take any of the chapters for which you seem to have something to add and you elaborate aroud.
That's how I write 800+ words blogs articles nearly every day for a big self-development company

2) You don't have to overstress the process. Writing is just putting words on the page. Nothing require that you write everything perfectly from the first try.
A good practice is to write a first draft without even thinking on how good or bad you write. When you write, don't kill the creative process by trying to analyse or do somme grammar work. Just let the creative process flow

Something nice that is also to do is to put music that helps you to focus (on youtube or on brain.fm/)
You also have to take a firm decision and commit to it. Schedule one fixed moment in the day to write, even if it's only 10mn. Remove everything that could block you.

I hope it will help you !

Julien

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jamie945

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best