bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Fictional daughter of an historical figure A secondary character in my historical fiction novel is a Russian concert pianist who married into a 19th century noble family. For various reasons I - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

A secondary character in my historical fiction novel is a Russian concert pianist who married into a 19th century noble family. For various reasons I would very much like to make her the daughter of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich who was a son of Emperor Alexander II of Russia.

In real life the Grand Duke had only one daughter. Is it "permissable", for purposes of my novel, to create a second daughter? Perhaps even a daughter who was exiled from the family for some reason?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Turnbaugh521

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Is it "permissable", for purposes of my novel, to create a second daughter?

Yes, that is called historical fiction.

Given the time, the daughter could be an illegitimate child of Grand Duke Vladimir; it was not unusual in the 1870-ish time frame for royalty to have affairs with multiple women, including servants of their own house or in the houses they might visit, and I notice that Vladimir did not marry until he was 24 and met a royal to whom he was attracted (a 17 year old). With money, titles and a good degree of autonomy, it is highly doubtful he was still a virgin at 24.

Load Full (0)