bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I'm trying to write a blog about future tech and science - where can I find ideas? I watch Isaac Arthur and John Michael Godier; I’m looking for a site to help me write an online blog, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you are just looking for new ideas, find other blogs, look at websites for print magazines in the popular science genre and see what their headline stories are.

You don't COPY them, but the work of figuring out what is new in science is already done for you. Bigger outfits have full time professionals reading arxiv and Google Scholar. Pick a currently hot topic, do your research and write your blog.

if you want to do it yourself; go to Google Scholar, put in a search term like "Biology and Medicine", or "Artificial Intelligence", then use the filters on the left to narrow the date range down, and sort by date. Look for titles that interest you, and hopefully you are qualified to say something about. These are all academic articles, by the way, the authors will typically include reasons what they are doing is important, in the abstract. But the writing is considered by most to be dry. Making it non-dry is your job.

The value of this approach is you can pick a general topic in which you have some expertise, and pick something only recently academically published (often that means it is original, but it might be a survey or review of the current state of the art), so it may not have been written about before, or had much attention.

Look specifically for papers where the PDF or PostScript is available, or that provide a free site for that.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Mendez196

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best