bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Wrtting Sci/Fi Novel with some Sumerian influences, how to bridge a lengthy time gap in my storyline? I'm writting a novel (in Spanish, I'm from Chile) based on Sumerian culture separated in - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm writting a novel (in Spanish, I'm from Chile) based on Sumerian culture separated in two periods (Present & Future).

Present: archaeologists find some new sumerian stone tablets that hide great scientific data, religions try to boicot the investigation, scientists escape to space thanks to the discovery and leave Earth behind.

Future: many years in search of a new Earth-like planet, they find one, some kind of alien race communicates with humans, help them to find their way and to rise a new human culture.

Problem is I don't know how to join both sides of the story. I know that I have some pre-constructed ressources like space-odissey, or the build of the main character, or just let a blank part (undisclosed) and describe maybe the alien race experience in that time period.

What's the best way to bridge a large time gap in science-fiction?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Si5022468

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Why not tell the stories in parallel, alternating chapters between the time periods, or showing how one bears on the other? That way, instead of action - gap - action, you have two periods of action woven together and the gap is outside of the book.

Load Full (0)