bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Why shouldn't I use a pen name? I don't like my name. I feel like seeing my name on the cover of my novel will be an embarassment more than a moment of pride - I just can't take things - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Here's another way to think about it. Why should you use your real name?

Use it if... you want anyone who Googles you to read you (or more likely, your reviews).

Use it if... you want everyone in your social network to read your reviews, or you.

Use it if... you want every prospective employer to read your reviews, or you... as part of standard screening to see if they'll give you an interview.

Use it if... you want everyone from work, at every place you work, to read your reviews, or you.

Use it if... you want prospective dates to read your reviews, or you, before agreeing to meet.

Use it if... you want your high school classmates to read you, or your reviews, before the reunion.

Use it if... you want your future kids to read you and your reviews.

Use it if... you're okay with catalog and search sites forever marrying your name to the title, description, and excerpt of your publications, and your reviews - forever, or until a massive EMG spike wipes every hard drive on the Earth - whichever comes first.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gail2416123

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best