bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to punctuate dialogue interrupted by action I am writing a novel and I am trying to find the best write a person being interrupted in speech by something they see. Example is below: Fahad - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am writing a novel and I am trying to find the best write a person being interrupted in speech by something they see. Example is below: Fahad is the person talking and as he talks he sees a vicious storm coming.

“The engine is not here so it will be a waste of …of …” something had caught Fahad’s attention. He focused his concerned gaze towards the north for several seconds. “Brace yourselves! I see a dust storm coming!” he warned.

Um, I'm not sure if this is it is right or wrong. So I guess I'm looking for verification of punctuation and format. There are a few articles I read in the past that indicated saying something in this format is wrong. "and he ...where are" with a space before the three dots after the last word. Somethings I read there shouldn't be spaces, "and he...where are." and something Ive read should be spaces after and before, "and he … where are."
Thanks folks.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Fox6458700

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best