logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : When submitting an article to a journal, should the article be an attachment or a link to my blog? I have a research article (not really an article with academic standards, but display my

Dunderdale623 @Dunderdale623

Posted in: #Email #Feedback #Hyperlink #SubmittingWork

I have a research article (not really an article with academic standards, but display my analysis nevertheless) and I would like to submit it to a journal (not an academic one either, but has reputation). I wonder if I should attach the article as an attachment or a link?

Attachment: more trustworthy and convenient. But I would argue that opening a Word document is a pain in mobile, and isn't better than opening a link in computer
Link: can introduce other articles in it, and can have tracking tail to know whether the link is opened or not

So it seems that submitting it as a link has more pro than as an attachment. I foresee that there will be a concern that including the tracking link is not respecting the readers, but I suspect that if they are running a website already, they also do that to others as well.

A side question: how to get much feedback for my article, if it's rejected?

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@BetL639

BetL639 @BetL639

Is it an article or is it a blog post? If it's already been published on a blog, why would someone else want to publish it? You may have a reason. Make that clear.

Any reasonable publication isn't going to consider opening a Word document is a pain. I don't know what you mean by 'including the tracking link is not respecting the readers'.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme