logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Punctuation in non-period bullets list Desktop-publishing question: For example, in the bulleted text with non-period-at-the-end writing style, is it proper to eventually use a few sentences for

Chiappetta298 @Chiappetta298

Posted in: #Editing #Publishing #Punctuation

Desktop-publishing question: For example, in the bulleted text with non-period-at-the-end writing style, is it proper to eventually use a few sentences for one of the bullets with a period mark in-between and still do not use the period mark at the end of the last sentence? Or should it yet have a period mark as the last of these sentences may look incomplete?

I really hope my question make sense and is ok, as I'm new here.. Thanks!

UPD: Actually right now I need to decide the punctuation style in a technical doc in the Condition description column of the table. But I have the same question for the Bullets list.

Example version 1:

A=C-B
See Figure 1
A=B
See Figure 2. Actual performance is better
A=B+C, see Figure 2

or

Example version 2:

A=C-B
See Figure 1.
A=B
See Figure 2. Actual performance is better.
A=B+C, see Figure 2.

or

Example version 3:

A=C-B.
See Figure 1.
A=B.
See Figure 2. Actual performance is better.
A=B+C, see Figure 2.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Chiappetta298

Chiappetta298 @Chiappetta298

Version 3 is the only consistent choice, except that the last item should have a period instead of a comma after the equation, and the "see" sentence should start with cap S and end with a period. Mathematical expressions do take a period according to The Chicago Manual of Style 12.18, which is academic style.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme