bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Including incidental personal traits in a review When you write an online review (for instance, of a restaurant) is it appropriate to include information about the hosts that isn't directly related - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I don't want to call it a gimmick, but I feel unless the restaurant is marketing this as something they do (hiring people with disabilities as part of the wait staff) I would avoid this. A lot of disabled people don't want attention drawn and don't want to be "charity cases" but rather treated as if they were no different than anyone else without the disability (And I feel I should re-iterate what it is I mean by gimmick. Lots of restaurant hire attractive waitresses, but the Hooters Chain restaurant hires them exclusively for wait service staff positions and markets this fact in advertising. Is this a restaurant that has some staff that just so happen to be attractive women(sub disabled) or does the restaurant actively promote itself as hiring these people. And yes, there is something different between giving pretty girls jobs and giving disabled people jobs, but the idea is it's part of the resturant's promoted image. Another idea is the Mission BBQ chain, which runs a lot of promotions that support U.S. Military and Veterans groups and local First Responders Like Police, Fire, and EMS services.)

If this is not the case, I recommend getting in contact with the Host and asking if it's okay to bring the topic up first, especially if you are going to praise him or ask people to politely not stare (they maybe don't care or maybe feel like they can fend for themselves... some may even be prone to poking fun at themselves (I'm aware of an Australian Comedian who is missing a leg and will wear a false leg, but a major part of his show is going to be a series of jokes about how he likes freaking people out with his false leg).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @LarsenBagley300

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best