bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : There's no real limit on what can be published, and I don't think vulgarity is a barrier on poetry (in some markets, sure, but far from all). The question is who exactly you're aiming this - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There's no real limit on what can be published, and I don't think vulgarity is a barrier on poetry (in some markets, sure, but far from all).

The question is who exactly you're aiming this proposed book at. Is it a humor/gift item ("The Poetry of 4chan!")? Or is this serious, "artistic" poetry? Or perhaps, as you mention, it's a sort of character study - delving into the psyches of these writers and trying to say something about them as a group (in which case you might want some additional material, perhaps viewing these 4chan sociopaths from several different angles and not just the possibly-oblique poetry).

If you want to pitch this book, you'll have to have a good, clear proposal, because otherwise this could easily wind up with a "why the hell would I want to publish random ramblings from people who post obscene pictures on the internet?" reaction.

(Of course, publishing's an iffy prospect, doubly so for oddball projects. Even if it's possible, it's not gonna be easy.)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best