logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: How do you earn the reader's trust? Recently, I have stumbled upon a problem. After releasing an issue, I think that I failed to earn the trust of my readers. My analysis is that they did

Murray165 @Murray165

An old question and I am no expert, but I say try and stress it is not natural.

Take for instance before the battle you show the hero getting edgy and a bit angry and then during the battle describe a bit from the hero's point of view stressing how he is feeling a rage and attacking the enemy.

Another way is that maybe at some point in the story maybe at a point that is not even close to the part where the hero gets poisoned bring the poison up. Like say that the hero at some point came across an animal that was poisoned and made to go on a rampage they put the animal down and later find out it was done by the work of poison. You can even link this to where the traitor got the idea for the poison from.

The third way is to make it so that it isn't out of the hero's character for example have parts where the hero gets irritated easily or even gets carried away in battle. You could also make it that poison isn't just one battle, but a process that takes place over a certain period of time.

However like you said if like you said "there is plenty of evidence that suggests he will do something." Then the reaction you are getting is what you want and the readers aren't just thinking enough like once you bring up that there is a traitor they should be able to go back and go "Ah so it was like that." As long as you keep writing and get to the point where the reveal happens and the readers can then notice all the hints you dropped it should stop looking force and instead they will figure out it was planned all along.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme