bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I get my family to believe in me as a writer? I've recently started writing and I told my family. They said that they were proud and that they would support me but when they weren't - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In reality you can't with words (ironically) you just need to do it, keep your writing time for you. Don't run off and do a chore or if they need to pull you aside for X unless its like an emergency or a grave thing tell them, "No, I'm writing."

It took me over 2 years of writing and not dropping everything to tend to X for people to not only get it but then want to know more and actually listen if I chose to give them a few minor details here and there as my story is still evolving for me so I too don't want to tell them major things that might change after the draft is done as this is my second one and a major rewrite so I know change is certain but I'm not yet sure where and how.

You need to not let their comments get to you actions are louder then words here their support either will or won't come in time and you can't make them support you beyond superficial means. You believing in you is required and will always be so and what you need most. If you want to write and publish, work on your draft, get your story after that nailed down, and then keep going to fine tune it, you have a long road ahead worrying about their approval will not do you good on that.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Courtney562

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best