bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it a good idea to improve my writing skills by "fixing" what others wrote? So, I tried out a new thing. Take this segment from The Eye of Argon: The weather beaten trail wound ahead - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Personally I'd say that exposing yourself to other material (like you're saying you're doing) is always good because you learn new things from it which you can incorporate into your own work. Reading many different types of work and styles surely can help you determine which things you like and which things you don't, which can push you on your way to tuning up your style. Editing like this sharpens your eye for mistakes when you get used to it so you'll be better at that.

But I've heard from several different places that the best way to become a better writer is just to write. You need to throw your thoughts onto the page to be sifted through. See what works and what doesn't, and play with it and keep writing until you can lock something in for yourself. Because nobody can know your writing better than you (https://copyblogger.com/bad-writing-habits/ just go to #7 , it's kind of related).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cugini967

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best