logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: What do you do when you think of two different scenarios that can happen in a certain scene in your story and you don't know which one to choose? So, this happens to me all the time, and

Chiappetta298 @Chiappetta298

It sounds like you are in draft mode either pick the most compelling one that moves the plot along in a way you prefer most or rewrite it until there is no other options left for them to go and one way or bust is the solution.

If you are in draft and your mind really wants to chase rabbit holes on these what if scenarios then pick one and go down as far as it will take you. If that ends in a non viable thread then do the other one. Don't be scared to explore.

I have a few what if's I've not chosen I write what I thought was cannon hated it or found it subpar, wrote the what if find it not there yet then move on to another scene that is major and does matter to go back and look into that scene plus the past context and see how should the troubled area have to go to make the future happen.

Mostly this works but as it is a draft I can pause it and move on without some scenes and this will in time yield the missing link I've been searching for and I write a third scene (or fifth) that is how it in context of all should be (the one option for this situation) this does mean rewrites must occur but it's a draft so once I'm done that's what draft 2 is for solidifying the things I liked from 1 and building a better plot and scenes.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme