logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Is it alright for a English YA novel to have anime illustration? In the beginning, I want write and self publish (or traditionally publish if possible) a original English light novel (OELN).

Kristi637 @Kristi637

Posted in: #Artwork #LightNovel #Novel #YoungAdult

In the beginning, I want write and self publish (or traditionally publish if possible) a original English light novel (OELN). But The more write and the more I study on how to be a professional writer with proper prose, I begin to favor more with narrative driven story telling in standard YA instead of dialogue driven in light novel. But I love the idea of 4-8 page of anime illustration in light novel.

Plus, English YA novel seems to have (from what I've gathered) has a larger audience base compared to English translated light novel or OELN, since light novel has a very niche audience outside of Japan.

Here's the question. Is it a good idea to have YA with anime illustration? Will it turn out weird and turn off huge number of people. I really like more thought and opinion on this. Thank You

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Cugini967

Cugini967 @Cugini967

Whenever I see a book cover that's anime looking I'll think that's it's a manga/graphic novel or a light novel. But if you want to cater to the general young adult audience I think you should try using a more traditional approach for you book cover.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme