logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: How can I succeed commercially if my idea of a great story is the audience's idea of a terrible story? This might be a silly question, I apologize if it's off-topic. I've noticed that audiences

Candy753 @Candy753

You are not alluding to what makes your tastes different, so I can only give you very generic, removed from reality tips. They are meant as examples only, and do not reflect my personal views at anything mentioned below.

Look no further than Miriam Toews. She writes that what many consider garbage, waste of ink and paper, or nauseating word sewage. Some believe that using her works in the school English course should be criminally punishable. But she is still lauded by the literary critics as an original author, nevertheless, and her victims - high school students and their parents - must buy her books because the curriculum requires them to. If you can find a niche, such as Toews had found, you are going to be a commercial success.

Some creative persons came by their commercial success by committing bizarre acts as well, such as murder, vandalism, suicide, or alike. To many, success came only after their funerals. There are always creative ways to come by money.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme