bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it worth learning to touch type Possible Duplicate: Is touch typing skill important for being a good writer? I'm curious about the great novelists, like Kerouac, thompson, hemmingway - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Well, it really depends on your perspective. I have considered learning touch typing many times, but ultimately I decided I didn't want to commit the time necessary to learn and practice it. I've started a couple of times, but each time I gave up in frustration because I didn't have the patience. If you do have the patience and are willing to commit the time and effort, then it would certainly be worth it in the long run.

Personally, I have gotten to where I type 60-70 wpm, with virtually no mistakes, and I do it all with just two fingers. I don't have to look at the screen because I am confident in my spelling, and even more confident in my spell-checking software! I do a lot of typing at work and at home during my writing, and I find that the more time I spend typing, the less mistakes I make and the faster I go. This is true for just about anything; the more you practice the better you get.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best