bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How would I escape a paradox if vampire goes back in time to create the first one? My story is set a few hundred thousand years after the first vampire was made. No new vampire knows how - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Well first you would need a reason for the vampire to go back that is not them going back to make the first since in theory why would they need to go back and make the first vampire when they are already around.

Once you have a reason you can make it that the first vampire would have been made without intervention and that the vampire that travels back in time ends up messing up the creation of the first and therefore has to fill in for the first.

For example say that subject zero is the first vampire and he bites the second person to be turned starting the cycle. However subject zero in the original timeline died right after they turned the second person disappearing from history, as where the vampire that travelled back ends up resulting in the first getting killed before they turn the second into a vampire before going back to his own time the vampire turns the second then disappears from history getting the same result as the first vampire was still the one start the cycle without changing history.

Or you can make it that the vampire that has ended up travelling back in time for whatever reason ends up becoming subject zero they weren't meant to be subject zero but end up as it cause they went back. Events play off with the vampire starting off the cycle, but even if he didn't go back someone else would have become subject zero and ended up starting the vampire race.

Basically fix the paradox by making it that even though vampire changes the past it won't change the future cause events play out in a way that isn't too different for the original timeline.

Otherwise I can't see any way to escape the paradox.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Speyer920

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best