logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Methodologies to organise writing/copy/editing tasks This question is all about methodologies to handle the workload efficiently for a freelance who deals with copy/editing of documents/articles. In

Karen856 @Karen856

Posted in: #TechnicalWriting #Technique

This question is all about methodologies to handle the workload efficiently for a freelance who deals with copy/editing of documents/articles.
In my branch (IT development) we have Agile Methodologies that help us to deal with development process, from the beginning to the end.
I had a conversation with a person, who does copy/editing of articles, regarding which would be the correct methodology to deal with big amount of job by making the client be aware of the status/difficulties/blockers. I would like to know if there are effective planning techniques like Agile methodologies do and someone who is using them efficiently. Something that can be easily understood and accepted by employers/clients avoiding, as much as possible, delays, misunderstandings, and overloads.
Is there any case study to take a look at? Books? Something that a professional copy/editor should know/use in order to make the organizational part less painful.

I hope to write my question in the right place due to the multiple topics involved.
In case I made a mistake can someone suggest me the right place to ask?

Thanks

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Odierno164

Odierno164 @Odierno164

Agile just focuses on project management by breaking projects into manageable chunks, frequently tracking the progress of the chunks across sprints, and regulating the plan or expectations based on current progress. I'd like to suggest that the same goes for any project, including copy-related projects.

Just as a project/program manager would provide statuses and updates for the various touchpoints in SDLC (software development life cycle) to the client, the freelancer doing copy/edit work can provide a planning, status update, and retrospection calendar to the client. On the said weeks, one can meet with the client to impress upon them the progress and the roadblocks/dependencies. Also, use end-of-sprint retro meetings to highlight gaps in, say collaboration or funding or review inputs. Also, use the sprint-planning meetings to set their expectations right about meeting timelines, say by calling out any past flaws in planning or on-demand, ad-hoc work derailing plans as a risk factor.

Allow me to share this link around documentation from the scrum's official site. See agile and documentation.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme