logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Are there any good alternatives to "a fire inside" of someone? I'm trying to express the idea of a character undergoing a realisation, thus feeling an idea along the lines of a "fire being

Vandalay250 @Vandalay250

Posted in: #CharacterDevelopment #Characters #Description #Emotions

I'm trying to express the idea of a character undergoing a realisation, thus feeling an idea along the lines of a "fire being ignited inside of him".

However, I was wondering, are there any better ways to express this? (I feel like the fire metaphor is slightly overused)

Thanks in advance :)

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Cooney417

Cooney417 @Cooney417

This depends on what the realisation causes him to do.

1. If the realisation causes him to do something, you could describe the metaphor as:

"The realisation pushed him to act, a spur on his legs"

"The realisation spread through his body turning the keys of his body sending him into a frenzy of motion"

2. If the realisation causes him to have an emotional change, you could describe this as:

"The realisation created a pause, a hidden tension rushing out of his body, water down the tap

"A scream of anguish ripped the air, as a poison, slowly eating away at his heart, released."

3. If the realisation causes him to know something, e.g. a scientific secret, the metaphor could be:

"The realisation hit him, he became Archimedes in his bathtub, for a second."

"The idea spread through his body, over his tongue, and he tasted it, a soft, caramel flavour"

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Murray831

Murray831 @Murray831

This one is not much different, but I might write, "[Some thing or event] ignited in him a burning desire."

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme