bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Risk Assessment in Technical Standards Documentation In your experience, are sections on risk and risk management typically part of technical standards documentation? For example, in a document that - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You should give mention risks in your technical document but leave risk management to "Single Risk Document" if it exists. What I mean is :
RISK: If we fail to use NTP workstations and servers may be out of sync. Therefore some reports will use their computer's time instead of using common time.

RISK Management:
This is not a big problem. We publish our reports enterprise only and we can bear this cost. Maintaining NTP enterprise wide will more costly.

You may agree or disagree with Risk Management but it is prerogative of management to decide this issues.

Also I object to this line. "The documentation must be in Microsoft Word, so a wiki solution is not possible (at this time)."
MS Word has ability to link documents. Since I assume you can use network shared documents, you can link to this document.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nimeshi163

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best