bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What is a basic structure for writing an essay on the SAT or for an AP exam? Most prompted essays for the SAT or an advanced placement writing class can be written using a similar basic - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Most prompted essays for the SAT or an advanced placement writing class can be written using a similar basic structure. An example of an introduction for a persuasive prompted essay might be:

Introduction

main idea of question suggests that what question means to you
In other words rephrase part of the question
state your opinion from a generalized point of view(without using "I")
Throughout society and in life, there is evidence to support my viewpoint is pervasive

Assuming these steps are followed properly (with one sentence or so per bullet), would the introduction be well developed? Is there a similar structure for the rest of the essay?

(I got the idea from this site.)

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Correia211

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

The best way to ensure that you will do well on an essay, regardless of the type, is to be well read on the subject. the more you know about the topic or the stronger you feel about it, the easier it will be to write it. The trick is figuring out how to pull that off in a situation such as the SAT where you have no idea what the topic is going to be.

In those instances, it looks like you already have a solid concept of the structure that needs to be applied to the essay. Below is a sample outline, which you have already basically provided. As long as you provide each of these key components, you should do well on the essay.

Introduction

Clearly identify the topic
Identify your position on the topic (if applicable)

Body

Provide basic information about the topic
Give clear examples to support your position
Conside providing contrasting ideas about the topic

Conclusion

Restate the topic
Restate key points supporting your position

Load Full (0)