logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: What are the points to remember when the pet is the narrator and is narrating the story of its owner? I'm working on a novel which is based on a true story. I first thought of writing from

Angie602 @Angie602

Just remember that the pet probably won't have much deep thought, at least when compared to a human. And it's not because other animals are inherently stupid or whatever other bull, it's because of the positions they are in. A pet (say, a dog) does not have to think as deeply as a human does. Why? The pet gets taken care of, fed, given a roof over their head, an easy life. A human is the one who has to take care of the pet; they have more stresses in their life, due to having to worry about making sure the pet has a comfortable life, making sure the human themself has a comfortable life, and so forth. The dog's just not going to think that deeply. It doesn't have to.
A wolf, for example is going to have deeper thoughts than a dog living comfortably. The wolf has to fight for his survival; it's necessary for his life to carry on for him to think deeply and make drastic decisions. The dog would not have as deep thoughts. He would be able to not have to think for his survival.
(Sorry if someone gets offended by my pronoun usage of "he," but I found it easier to use than "they.")
Edit: It has been found that the personality of a person tends to reflect the personality of their pet. Cat owners, for example, tend to be more introverted and, on average, have a higher intelligence than dog owners. Dog owners, on the other hand, tend to be more extroverted and are better with social skills.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme