bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: I love the world and characters I've created for my story, but I dislike the plot. How can I proceed? I've spent several years periodically writing and developing a high fantasy story I mean - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In my opinion, you've already done a lot of the hard work. Creating the characters and well-constructed world-building leaves you open to follow endless avenues of plot. This is why fan-fiction is so popular because once you have the characters and the world, the plot can start writing itself.
That said, as @JonStonecash has said, finishing the first draft is so important. I have been in your position and immediately fell back on, 'I hate my plot. It's too similar to x y z. Let's start over!' and there's a lot to be said for finishing your draft. You may fall in love with ideas you have along the way and then wind up somewhere you never thought you could be, or you get to the end and realize you still don't like it. But I guarantee the journey will expose ideas and plot you otherwise wouldn't get.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Chiappetta298

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best