bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Need a driving circumstance to drive mc into new world I’m struggling to find a driving circumstance for my character to want to enter train and get better in my fictional world. I have - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I’m struggling to find a driving circumstance for my character to want to enter train and get better in my fictional world. I have tried letting the antagonist try to kill him to drive him there but I’m not sure I want to reveal him as the chosen one from the beginning also I don’t want members of the civilization knowing he’s the chosen one. I’m trying to find some political or societal reason to drive the plot at first any ideas or what you’ve seen done well.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Setting protagonist on the path to adventure is a very, very common theme in fiction. Unless the protagonist is already in a middle of an adventure, some force must send them there.

Disaster. Some kind of tragedy strikes hero's home and there is no choice but leaving it (ex. "Star Wars" ("A New Hope"))
Impending disaster. There is no disaster yet, but the hero must travel to prevent one (ex. "The Lord of the Rings")
Adventurism. The hero might simply be in a mood for an adventure (ex. "The Hobbit")
Natural flow of events. There may be some innocuously looking reasons to leave home. Little did they know what was ahead... (ex. "A Game of Thrones")
A chance that shouldn't be missed. The protagonist is given a chance to have their live changed for the better (ex. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone").

Load Full (0)