bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do you write a story with someone else overseas? My friend and I have wanted to write a story together for a while now. But she lives in a different country, so we are just confused - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I use Joplin. The free version allows syncronization on two devices.
What I like best about it is that you can organize better than other tools the structure of your work over multiple documents.
You have different 'notes' (each could be just a simple note or a full blown chapter, there are no real limits in legth).
You would both use Markdown conventions (just like Stack Exchange) so editing is fast (once you learn) and your style will stay consistent. It's also easy to insert links to other notes or 'anchors' (a particular position within a note e.g. a word definition on a dictionary page).
You can setup the text editor you prefer and see the preview in real time.
It has limits when it comes to layout of the page, tracking changes (which user did what) and of course number of devices (two can be a bit tight considering you may want to edit both from your cellphone and your PC, same for your friend).
Anyway it's worth checking out. May suit your project.
P.S. I read that they are working on tracking user changes but have not really explored it more as for the moment am not using that feature.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best