logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: How do I write someone in an enchantment? I'm having trouble writing a scene in my book where the main character is about to be pulled into an enchantment before her friend saves her. A bit

Gretchen741 @Gretchen741

Enchant with words:
Normally, flowery words are over the top used often, but in this case I'd bunch them up. Don't just describe enchantment, try to enchant the reader, make them feel compelled to pick it up and caress it. Engage all senses, and make something up if there isn't the actual detail.
For example, it could be smooth and vibrate on fingers, shine from the gold and the stone can glisten in the light, it can evoke the scent of lavender from no where, and evoke the memory of music. Make the effect feel out of place, and the character should need distraction to stop admiring the thing. The character could find their thoughts going back to it or having a dream where they are someone else wearing it.
If it is evil, though, give some warning. The dream is of something bad happening to the person wearing it, or there is a sharp point on it that cuts the character so they bleed (although the blood can be sweet as they kiss the drop away).

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme