logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: How can I handle a powerful mentor character without killing them off? I'm writing a book series that involves people with various superpowers. One of these characters and is more or less the

Sherry594 @Sherry594

I think having a OP mentor is a material for a story that center around character relationship..
Have the mentor being OP, but make the mentor also overly protective, so this way the battle will have no tension because the MC is always being protected by OP Mentor.
But you can build tension between MC and OP Mentor instead, just imagine how would you feel if there is someone in your life that just solve all your problem for you.. so how would MC deal with that feeling and how it affected the relationship between MC and OP Mentor.
That way you could also give an arc to OP Mentor, why is the mentor is so overlyprotective, it is simplely because he is OP or is it because the mentor isnt being protective enough in the past, ask yourself how would you feel and what would you do if you are incharge of someone that you consider as helpless.
So both MC and OP mentor have a lesson to learn and both of them have a character arc.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme