bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What's the best version control system for a book writer? I'm a writer—no programming, only prose in text files, mostly in Emacs org-mode, some in markdown-mode. I want to implement a version - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I've been using a fairly simple system to track changes in my writing for a couple of years. Secondly, I prefer a GUI front-end and a local archive to manage my working documents, although I also use the Cloud to store backups.
Like John Clayton, I use LaTex to write books, but I don't need a full functioning version control system, so I use an Open Source software, called Meld, a Linux-based Gnome2 diff and merge tool to track changes. In addition, Meld can be integrated with more expansive version control systems, such as cvs, subversion, bzr, darcs, mercurial, monotone, and tla. Download it at SourceForge.net and pair with the Linux distribution of your choice. I use Linux Mint today, but have used Ubuntu in the past, where Meld can be installed from both software centers. It works seamlessly in both.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Reiling826

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best