bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to Become an Powerful and Beautiful Expository Writer? I'm a terrible writer. I know I am and it's totally ok though. Well, it's not totally ok but I have no other choice to deal - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Writing is a learned and acquired skill, like anything else. It is not an inborn talent. You can have certain natural aptitudes for aspects of writing, but most of it is developed through hard work.
Writing a lot, and getting good quality feedback are the two best ways to improve. If you want your children to be better writers than you, emphasize the "work" aspect rather than talent one. People who think writing is all about talent tend to give up more easily and never improve. It took me a long time to deprogram myself from the talent myth. I can attest from experience, there are no shortcuts, no matter how much aptitude you have.
Your friend may write easily and fluently now, but I bet he's put the the time and effort in getting to that place. If you're not sure, ask him.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best