logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : One thing you need to know is that you don't have to plan. Plenty of people can get a piece of writing done if they don't plan or if they have a plan in their head so they don't want

Martha805 @Martha805

One thing you need to know is that you don't have to plan.
Plenty of people can get a piece of writing done if they don't plan or if they have a plan in their head so they don't want to write it down. You need to ask yourself do I need to plan? If you need an outline to be able to carry through the piece of writing without drifting away from your goal, then yes, you need to plan. But if you don't distract easily and the piece is relatively short, then you don't need to plan.
If you have decided that you want to plan your writing piece, try and take the parts of writing you like and put them into the planning process. For example, if you love world-building and creating characters, then you can start your planning process with one of those things and end it with the other to keep you going through to the end.
There are so many different ways to plan a novel, and different ways work for different people. One way that works for me is on the The Write Practice, a great site for writers. This is that link.
I hope I helped a bit. :)

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme