bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Not sure how to continue my story I'm writing a story (I think a bit long to post here, but I could if someone would like), which is a metaphor for depression. In the story (from a 3rd - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Reflection, as Alexander says in the comments, is a good one. There are a million different standard negative thoughts depressed people usually have about themselves: "I'm not good enough," "the world would be better without me," "my friends just pity me and they won't miss me when I'm gone", etc. Even picking one could serve as a good structure.
In order for the emotional landing of the story to stick, there needs to be some sort of climax and then some sort of relief. What's the climax going to be? Is it an emotional thing? Is something dark and scary approaching the windows? Does he see something he knows he can't miss? Is it just the sheer volume of the person's knocks?
Once you pick the climactic event that forces the character to open the door, the rest should hopefully fall into place.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Chiappetta298

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best