bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Angst has no Age: Youth is filled with self-doubt, criticism, challenges and lack of experience. Guess what? Age is filled with self-doubt, responsibility and inertia. I've ALWAYS wanted to be - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Angst has no Age:
Youth is filled with self-doubt, criticism, challenges and lack of experience. Guess what? Age is filled with self-doubt, responsibility and inertia. I've ALWAYS wanted to be an author, but the first stories I wrote were REALLY awful, and I let myself be convinced I didn't have a useful contribution to make. Only I couldn't stop wanting to be an author. Finally, I decided I would do it and not care if I was successful or not (okay, I still care, but I'm doing it anyway).
While life experience is helpful in being an author, so is just writing. At your age, I had time to write a whole novel and have it suck, then write another that was better, and finally get some stories published. Only I didn't, because I was afraid. At you age, you might even be able to establish a following and career that could last a lifetime.
The chief thing you need to overcome is fear of rejection. At your age, everyone's opinion seemed to matter, but really those were the people who I would never see and care about again. I still hurt when I answer one of these questions and it gets downvoted. But I do it anyway because success is sweet, failure is bitter, but I think bittersweet makes for the best writing in the world.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Candy753

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best