bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Opposites Oppose: I think this will likely get migrated to writing, so I'll answer it like a question there. Avoid judgement on physical traits, even horrifying ones, since your MC was rejected - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Opposites Oppose:
I think this will likely get migrated to writing, so I'll answer it like a question there.
Avoid judgement on physical traits, even horrifying ones, since your MC was rejected due to her appearance. It would make her appear two-faced. If you want to go physical route, make him perfect. Aryan is a little stereotypical, but a physically perfect enemy would emphasize the difference.
Beyond that, just select someone who is the opposite of everything she believes in. Her brother, for example, raised by parents who adored perfection (and likely also magic). If some kinds of magic are more socially acceptable than others, give him those abilities. Let him have wealth, numerous friends, success, and all the trappings of power. Ruthless and uncaring if others live and die.
To be willing to oppose someone onto death, an enemy usually needs to be doing something DEEPLY and OBVIOUSLY wrong. Like murdering folks to drain their magical potential, for example. Otherwise, the MC again looks petty. The alternative is if the enemy has done something personally reprehensible to the MC or someone she cares about deeply. With the brother example, he tracks her down and humiliates her, tries to kill her, and succeeds in killing a close friend (or maybe kills the crazy but loving aunt who could never quite get it together enough to adopt the MC but always showed affection and sent gifts).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Connie138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best