bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is dialogue in a novel necessary, or just padding? I can usually tell the story I want to in less than 10,000 words. I'd really like to accomplish writing a novel and I have a complex idea - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Depends on the writer and the reader. I, for once, have dropped many novels who have little dialogue. I love an intense plot, with danger lurking every corner and the stakes being high. But this all the time is tiring. I also love to see banters, characters sharing their view of life, and conflicting with others about it, developing their relationships among themselves.
I am sure that many readers will be able to enjoy a book with zero dialogue and only plot, but I am unable to do so. I have dropped many books that I was enjoying the plot but there was too little dialogue. I have also dropped books with too much dialogue but in rarer cases.
In the majority of the books, a romantic subplot makes the whole thing a mess, but in the minority it actually increases the value of the tale, those are my favorites.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best