logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : How should I format chapters in my manuscript? I'm in my final stages of editing before I send my manuscript to beta readers. I'm wondering how I should format chapter titles. Do I put them

Miguel976 @Miguel976

Posted in: #BetaReaders #Editing #Formatting #Manuscripts

I'm in my final stages of editing before I send my manuscript to beta readers. I'm wondering how I should format chapter titles. Do I put them as a header, or as a slightly larger, bolder font?
(This is the first thing I am sending out to beta readers, so I have never done this before and I don't know if there is a standard that everyone follows. Just wondering)

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Murray831

Murray831 @Murray831

Looking at the 2 Beta requests I have right now, the chapter headings are bolded and centered before the main body.
Honestly I could care less if the chapter heading was rainbow colored and Comic Sans, it just needs to be there and make it clear that it's a new chapter. As @Mary says, we(or at least I) aren't looking for fancy formatting and stuff like that.
Hope this helps, and Good luck!

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Gonzalez219

Gonzalez219 @Gonzalez219

It's fine just to center them (on a new page). The beta readers aren't looking for fancy formatting.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme