logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Stuck with writer's block I'm writing a short story in which my protagonist is a little boy. An unexpected event happens and makes his life upside down which is blindness. This latter causes

Vandalay250 @Vandalay250

Posted in: #Ideas #ShortStory #WritersBlock

I'm writing a short story in which my protagonist is a little boy. An unexpected event happens and makes his life upside down which is blindness. This latter causes him depression and now I don't know how to make him get rid of this depression !

10.03% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (3) Report

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Shelton455

Shelton455 @Shelton455

I will try to answer the two aspects of your question.
Particular situation in your plot is probably to benefit from doing some research on what depression is, and how people get out of it. Maybe you can find online or better find a person in your surrounding who had similar or even same issue.
Generally, people get out of depression by accepting their current state and not struggling by wishing it was different or having sorrow for what they have lost. That is a deep transformation which needs to happen within a person to start looking on things from different perspective.
On the writer's block: I guess research, putting things off a bit to cool off, trusting your character and letting it tell you instead of you finding a solution for it, letting things be the way they want instead of finding the "right" thing. Once you free your mind from the concept of doing it "right", you can do it however it works for you as long as it is real in the context provided, and you are the owner of the whole context and the plot within.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Smith147

Smith147 @Smith147

You have to forget yourself to get out of writer’s block.

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@Becky328

Becky328 @Becky328

A good question this is, you just have to know how to empathize! As I was reading I could already tell, me and you have very much the same problem of writers block and I can help you. Here is my answer...
You need to find something your character loves! Say his mom/dad gave him a braille book or they send him to a school for the blind where he can connect. Humans come out of depression because we find something (or someone) we love or we find good friends who truly understand us.
I hope this helps! (It's my first answer)

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme