logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Website that pays for writing fairly About a month ago, I stumbled upon a website that claims to pay writers fairly and transparently out of advertising revenue. For the life of me, I cannot

Voss1744584 @Voss1744584

Posted in: #Publisher #Publishing #SelfPublishing #Websites

About a month ago, I stumbled upon a website that claims to pay writers fairly and transparently out of advertising revenue. For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the site, and after trawling through my internet history and various Google searches, I cannot find it again.
They had a distinctive yellow website identity, and I think the name started with 'D' -- something like 'Discourse' or 'Discursive'. They seemed to be a new outfit, intent on disrupting online publishing norms.
I know this is nearly nothing to go on, but I am at my wit's end. Please help me, hive mind: is anyone familiar with the site I'm talking about?

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Goswami879

Goswami879 @Goswami879

Sorry for bothering everyone -- I found it! It's called Discourse Blog. discourseblog.com/turning-the-page/ It is a left-leaning writing cooperative that seeks to remunerate their contributors fairly. There is also Defector, a sports website with a similar ethos.
Now that I've spent 4+ hours scouring the Internet, I'm going to see what it's like outside...

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@XinRu607

XinRu607 @XinRu607

So far have found 2 sites that match the description, although I doubt either of them are the one you're looking for.

DistanceWeb which has a vaguely yellow theme and starts with a D
nDash which is also a vaguely yellow theme and has a D.

If I find more I will edit them in below;

nothing else yet sorry :(

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme