logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: How to "inform" the reader of changes in narrator? Writing low-quality novels on my spare time is my hobby and I'm currently "working" on one where the story about a country with an

Goswami879 @Goswami879

How exciting! I hope your work goes well.
On changing narrators:
I think that what you said you want to do is difficult due to, I think, making the characters unique enough in their own voices that the reader will have no problem distinguishing one from the other.
That being so, the question becomes how does a character have a “voice”? A more intimate question would be the same question, however, this time direct it at yourself. Is your own voice, as an individual in the world—not as a writer—one that is distinguishable from another?
I think those three questions directed at oneself and the characters will help one learn how to write people, which, I think, is the best way to make characters stand out, not only by their actions alone, but through their words. The thing is that the words have to make the characters sound different more than their actions when it comes to narrative.
On dialogue after considering narrative:
This is difficult because now you have your characters unique in narrative, however, you may not want to sound repetitive in dialogue after having the characters in the dialogue just had a narrative section.
I think this is where your question on sound techniques comes in. By sound techniques I take you to mean how characters annunciate, dictate, and oblique uses of speech. If that is the case, I can’t be of help because I think the questions posted in the section above are what one needs to write people.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme