logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : How can I write this scene? Entering the park, a slight breeze rustles the leaves making them fall to the ground one by one. It was a small park with a jungly gym, a couple of tables and

Gretchen741 @Gretchen741

Posted in: #CreativeWriting #Novel #Scene

Entering the park, a slight breeze rustles the leaves making them fall to the ground one by one. It was a small park with a jungly gym, a couple of tables and a few benches for people to sit in every corner and jogging tracks were all around the edges.
Then I saw two tall figures.

She can only see the face of character Nr 1, the other one is hooded. The wind eventually blew the hood away, revealing his face. She gets surprised to see who it is. I don’t know how to describe the scene: how they’re standing, her getting surprised etc

10.02% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (2) Report

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Michele605

Michele605 @Michele605

In addition to Ceramicmrno0b's answer, if you're not yet seeing the picture in your head, find a picture, then describe that.

Draw a quick sketch.
Act out the scene with your friends (or by yourself, if that works for you).
Watch a movie that contains a similar scene.
Use figurines or board game pieces or anything to set the scene and act it out.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

@XinRu607

XinRu607 @XinRu607

Write a picture.
Sure it doesn't make much sense, but that's what you need to do. Write what you see in your head, and that will take care of the physical aspects. Mention that bush on the side of the path, the willow tree a bit away, and the bench the two strangers appeared by. Spend a bit more time on people than unimportant surroundings to keep the focus on the characters.
As for inner thoughts, you just need to write what you character is doing. If you have trouble with this, I would recommend trying to role play your characters. If you've ever LARPed, played D&D, done some sort of drama club or acting, or are part of a local the 501st group, you should be fine here.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme