logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : I’m having a rough time starting my second book in my series. Is this normal? I am a young author writing a fantasy series. When I was writing the first book, it was easy and words literally

Harper186 @Harper186

Posted in: #Flow #Series

I am a young author writing a fantasy series. When I was writing the first book, it was easy and words literally flew onto the page. Now that I’m starting the second book (even though I know what it’s about) it’s a lot harder. Its like my writing’s constipated or something. I just can’t get the words out.
It’s not writers block, I know what I’m writing about. And I have written some. It’s just harder. I don’t really know how to explain it. Is this normal or is it just me? If it’s normal, how can I get over it?

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Courtney562

Courtney562 @Courtney562

Starting a book can be extremely difficult. So yes, it is very normal.
Some books are just easier to start, some are harder. To overcome this, you can skip the beginning, just for now. Some writers don't write from the start to the beginning. They write from the end to the beginning. Or maybe you could write the middle, and end, and then return to the beginning when you are ready or done.
This happens to me too. I feel lost, but I still, know where I'm going. When I feel this, I usually think something like, "My writing's not good, maybe I will have to start a new draft." If you have similar thoughts criticizing your work, just ignore those thoughts and keep on writing. The first draft is the hardest, so it is okay if it's not perfect at the start.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme