bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What content parts should a technical (IT) CV have? I've been struggling for a while with my CV and I need help on deciding which sections should I include in it? I lack the formatting skill, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If your first language isn't English and you write your CV in English, find a native speaker who can correct your errors.
English CVs start listing the previous jobs/education with the newest topic (your last job) and go down to the oldest (where you went to school). In Germany, for example, it's the other way around. But you do not have to follow that convention. I have read a lot of debates about the pros and cons and nothing really convincing.
Read the guidelines of the company where you want to apply. Follow them.
If you write a cover letter, explain, why you have chosen this company and why you are the best fit (within one page/two paragraphs).
Avoid buzz word clusters. If you are a programmer and list every programming language you might have heard of or you used the last time ten years ago, then you will look like all these other liars out there and you do not want that.
Be honest.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best