bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Questions on two sentences on a cover letter I am writing a cover letter - an excrutiating process. There are two sentences I am quite unsure about. The first one: I hold a math Ph.D. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Some people do not like it if you begin your letter with "I". They think you are ego-centric and they do not want to work with these kind of people. I contrarily think starting a cover letter with "I" is pretty straight forward, but again, that's maybe just me.
The sentence is presumptuous (BTW: use a spell checker and a native speaker if you aren't one). Skip the "Nobel Prize" stuff. Either the people know the Fields Metal or they google it (unlikely) or they just don't care. You would only help the googling guys and I don't think it's worth it.
Do you mean "planing" or "planning"?
"believe" is a word I would try to avoid. It always provokes the "why don't you know" reaction. Use "Your advertised position is an ...".
You do not want to develop your career, you want to develop yourself and your abilities. I also wouldn't use both verbs "contribute" and "develop"; pick one. You can still add another sentence like "contribute to your team/success" or nonsense like that if you really want.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best