bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What exercises will help me write my co-author's character? I'm working on a novel together with my co-author, K. K's come up with this great character - a sassy were-cat name Garlic. Unfortunately, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

write random scenes with Garlic; have K tell me what I could have done better."

I would say it's the other way around. K should write a character sheet. K should write scenes which describe how the werecat acts and behaves. Then you as a reader become acquainted with the character, maybe even identify with him. And you make suggestions, how to improve the character, what you dislike, what you like.

With this approach you get a feeling for the werecat. After that you use your normal approach for creating a character and apply it for Garlic.

E.g., you ask the werecat questions about his history, about his feelings, would he eat raw mice or prefer raw virgins, stuff like that. Let the character formulate his answers.

Just treat him like every character you invented yourself, have a lot of discussions and contradictions with K and go on writing.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Frith254

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best